Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Bloody Life. The Making of a Latin King



Throughout my entire years I attended school I have read many books. Some which I enjoyed reading and some in which I found rather boring that I got to the point where I got tired of reading it and I decided to stop. There were so many great books that I have read that I enjoyed reading but none of the books compare to my favorite book that I have read and I really enjoyed it so much that I read it around 3 to 5 times. My Bloody Life. The Making of a Latin King by Reymundo Sanchez is the book that I love to read and its my favorite book out of all the books that I have read.




This book is based on a true story of a young boy trying to survive on his own on the streets of Chicago. The main character is Reymundo Sanchez. Throughout his childhood he gets beat by his mom and his step dad for no reason so he starts misbehaving in school. His parents leave him and move back to Puerto Rico so he’s left alone with his stepbrother. He soon gets involved in gangs and wants o be like them. He first wants to be a Latin Disciple because he thinks they are popular and get all the girls they want.




As he gets a little bit older he starts hanging out with a different gang and as soon as you know it he gets involved in the world of gangs and drugs. He starts getting high and drinking liquor and becomes crazy and violent. At the age f 14 he becomes initiated by the Latin Kings by performing a violent act. He went on a drive by and shot and killed a rival gang member. He soon started getting high and drunk on a regular basis so he can become the violent person that he was which was LiL Loco meaning crazy. He soon gets really violent and starts gangbanging everyday not caring for the lives of innocent people or for the life of his.




He starts living a terrible and bloody life filled with violence and drugs and sex. What will his life be like when he gets much more older. Will he still be involved with gangs and drugs, well you will have to read it to find out. There is a sequel to this book called Once A King, Always A King. The Unmaking of A Latin King. In this book he explains how his life is after My Bloody life. I would recommend this book for people to read because it’s filled with excitement, action, and drama.


If you’re the type of reader that’s into these types of books then this is the book for you to read. It will leave you wanting to read more and not put the book down. It’s basically a page turner that’s filled with excitement. So get your copy now of My Bloody Life and start reading this action pact book. For those young kids involved in gangs or wanting to be in a gang, read this book and see how a gang banger lives his life and see what your might be like. This book will actually save some peoples lives by reading it.

No comments: